- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design principles and methodologies.
- Experience building scalable microservice-based REST solutions
- Expertise with Ruby, node.js or other high level languages highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with unit tests and integration tests
- Some level of experience with databases
What you need to be successful:
- You write high-quality code, preferably in Ruby and actively care about its quality.
- You enjoy working with others. We are a small team that has a strong sense of ownership. We don't just code, we work together on finding the right solution
- You communicate well in English and you know how to cultivate empathy and openness towards people from all over the globe.
- You’re a self starter who is excited about the fast pace of a growing, changing startup environment.
What it’s like to work with us
From a process standpoint, we’re constantly evolving, but here’s a few themes that don’t change.
We give our engineers problems to solve rather than solutions to implement.
We build small features to learn and iterate from. We’re comfortable admitting defeats and throwing away features that don’t make our users’ lives easier. We prefer continuous integration over scheduled releases, so we look for developers able to look at large complex problems and break them down into small pieces of deployable functionality.
We want our engineering team to work in lock-step with the other key areas of our business to build a product our customers love. We want to share our successes and learnings with each other as we continue to grow.
Harmonic is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your linkedin profile and/or resume
- Include a note on what makes you a great fit